Installing Sync or Comet
To write articles and interact with others on VePress, you need either Sync or Comet - a Connex compatible client.
Login and Logout
Loggin in and out should be easy, but you need to be on the VeChainThor MAINNET. Those buttons are located in the top right corner.
Sign with Sync (or Comet)
Writing an Article
Create (a New Article)
- Select a Cover Photo (if any)
- Choose Topics
- Publish or Save as Draft
Published and Listed on the Articles page
Edit, Unpublish and Delete
Go to the article page and use the buttons on top.
Creating a Topic
You can create arbitrary topics to categorize and organize your articles. Topics will be shared with the entire community, but you can choose who can post on the topic when setting up.
Create (a New Topic)
Topic Edit View
- Choose Topic Type (Topic for topic)
- Choose Who Can View
- Enter Title (no more than 50 characters)
- Enter Description (no more than 300 characters)
- Choose Who Can Post
- Create Topic
Go to an article page and find the tip button located in the right bottom corner of the page. You can't tip your own articles but others'.
- Choose a token to use for tipping
- Enter the amount you'd like to tip
- Click Tip button
Sign with Sync (or Comet)
Tips will be shown below the article title. (It takes some time to check and reflect the transaction confirmation.)
Tip Receipt History
You can view the whole tip receipt history on the Home page.
You can view the whole tip history of the entire platform on the Tokens page.
Click on a token to view even more detailed stats on each token.
Running and Entering Campaigns
A Campaign is a smart-contract-driven contest you can set up with just a few clicks. You can pool VET to distribute as prizes, and once set up, the smart contract trustlessly handles everything you need and runs the contest for you. It's a good fit if you want to run a promotional event in combination with content (articles for now) posting but avoid the painstaking handling of the fund and participants.
Create (a New Campaign)
Go to the Campaigns page and click Create.
Campaign Edit View
- Choose "Campaing" on Topic Type
- Enter a Title (no more than 50 characters)
- Enter a Description (no more than 300 characters)
- Select Who Can Post (If "Use Whitelist" is selected, only the whiltelisted can enter the campaign)
- Set up a Fund to distribute at the end of the campaign period
- Set up an Entry Fee, participants will need to pay this amount per article when entering the campaign. All the fees will be immediately sent to your address.
- Set up a Tax Rate on Tips, you can collect the specified percentage form the tips given to entry articles. All the tax will be immediately sent to your address when tips are given.
- Set a Campaign End Date, no one will be able to enter after this timestamp and you will be able to distribute the prizes.
- Click Create Topic
Campaign Stats and Rankings
You can view the stats and rankings on each campaign page.
Enter a Campaign
To enter a campaign, go to the article page you would like to enter the campaign with, and find the campaign button in the right bottom corner of the page. The article has to belong to you.
Campaign Select Window
In the popup window, choose a campaign to enter and click Enter Campaign button.
Sign (pay the entry fee if required)
(This is Comet)
If the campaign has set up a tax rate on tips, tax will be deducted from the tips your article receives from others until the end of the campaign period.
End Campaign Early
You can end the campaign earlier than the end date. Locate and click the "End" button in the campaign page. You will need to sign with Sync or Comet.
After the campaign period is over, "Distribute" the fund to participants as prizes. You will need to sign with Sync or Comet.
How the Fund will be distributed
For the first version of our Campaign smart contract, the fund will be distributed to entered articles in proportion to the tips they received in VET during the campaign period.
For example, assume the campaign fund is 10000 VET, and there are 3 articles (A, B, C) entered in the campaign.
During the period, if the tips given to these articles are...
- A received 200 VET
- B received 300 VET
- C received 500 VET
When the campaign ends and the host distributes the fund of 10000 VET,
- A will get 2000 VET as prize
- B will get 3000 VET as prize
- C will get 5000 VET as prize
Additional features to be implemented
There are more features to the Campaign smart contract, but not yet implemented in the UI. Those features will be shortly added, which include
- Whitelist and Blacklist Articles. (in a whitelisted campaign, only the whitelisted can receive scores through tips, the blacklisted cannot score or receive prizes)
- Add VET to the initial fund to raise the prize pool.
- Change "End Date".